Saturday, January 24, 2015

STOP!!! (original web publishing and written around May 14, 2014)

     Austin St. is full of static electricity. There's so much that the slightest thought of a spark sets my world afire.  I've got a million-and-one stories to tell, each as enlightening and "interesting" as the next for you.  As for me, its almost as if my TV channel never changes. I've only been here for twenty-odd years and already my post has made me emotionally weary.  The buses have passed me whispers of grand, vibrant, happy intersections in Cap Hill.  However, my fate lies as the guardian of Austin and Rainier, with my particles slowly simmering to a boil....

      Just yesterday, I watched a hideous brawl go down.  Where I'm at I have a clear view of not only the street but at least 16 residences.  I've watched a couple right across the street for the past few months.  Three months ago they were a lot less toxic to each other.  Always smiles from the girl to the guy, even as he talked so much shit about her favourite things.  As I observed, I began to see more dissonances every week.  One week was particularly stressful for them, and it reflected in their actions to one another.  He began to yell at her more, and thus she began to question at a higher rate. Just as my inner temperature was raising higher and higher due to my surroundings, they were in the midst of an exothermic reaction.  One day they combusted.

     She was attempting to spend quality time with him and both were bored.  He began to surf his email or some such and got into a chat with a friend online.  She observed, and noticed once in the conversation that he told his friend, "nows not the best time, because I'm with my girlfriend."  Emotional response already locked and loaded, the hammer hit the nail home and she exploded in paranoia:  "What are you hiding?!!" floated towards me via the open window.  "Nothing. Shut up and quit questioning me. I hate it!!!"  I became unwillingly privy to their intimate issues with each other as they continued to squabble loudly.  Finally, fed up, he went to go quote his irrationally emotional partner to his friend.  She began to command him to stop.  Refusing out of his inveterate sense of rebellion, his fingers kept bushing the keys frantically as she attempted to grab his hand and pull him off his keyboard.  Already clouded and angry, the thunderbolt of rage lit up his face as he attempted to kick her down and off of him.  He would not be controlled.  He would succeed in making his friend think his girlfriend was a bitch, because at that moment to him she was and that view is apparently all that mattered. In response to what she felt was an unwarranted kick, she began to pull the locks of his hair. It slightly incapacitated him, and pissed him off.  I've watched this lady for many months, and I know that if it had been a street fight and she was in beast mode she would have beat his ass.  However, this was her lover; she was holding back and not throwing blows.  I saw him wind back and grimaced from my head to the grass at my feet.  WHAM!! Pow! Right in the kisser.  Caught off guard, thrown back for half a second, her grip tightened in pain upon his precious hair.  "Don't... you.. DARE... punch... ME!!! BITCH!!!!" she huffed out, hitting his back with the soft of her fist. He wrapped his arms around her waist, his leg behind her, brought his head down upon the top of the bridge of her nose and slammed her down, consequently into and down a wall.  Fury flashed through her body and she flung out with a kick at his ribs - the "rape kick" - as he later called it.  His dad rushed into the apartment to pull them apart.  She took a shower, and they made up about it.... But I worry for her.  He promised to never do it again, and they will look for healthier ways to express the thunderstorm between them.  However, I've seen so much violence on this street corner, I wonder if the virus has infected them or not.  Or maybe, he carried this virus of negativity that bled into her emotionality. I can't quite tell. It brings me almost as much pain as that chick's face feels to watch all of these humans fighting each other though.

     Relationships, friendships, families are about romantic and platonic love for others.  Love is supposed to be unconditional.  Love is patient, kind and open-minded.  I know that humanity isn't perfect, but why is the learning curve so almost-insurmountable??  Come on, guys!!! YOU are the keepers of the Garden of Eden! YOU can make heaven a reality instead of some ivory tower metaphor in the sky.  It's all about how you treat each other.  Everybody should treat everyone else as family for you all are of the same species.  Yet, all of you gang up against each other and drag each other down.  Your actions have bled into the Earth so badly that your spaceship is sinking and there are so many emotional grenades exploding simultaneously that nobody cares.  Humans truly do go out "guns blazing".  And, so I stand here rigid an everyday reminder of courtesy, always yelling "STOP" like some football referee.

No comments:

Post a Comment